Monday, April 8, 2013

The Winding Road Ahead


As anyone that knows me can attest to, I tend to forgive pretty quickly.  Not sure if I can do that here.  This might take me a while.  It’s going to hurt not talking to him, but again – I was blocked by him so it’s apparent he wants to cut ties.  He and I are father and son, but also used to be friends as well.   

I’ve been shit on multiple times through this.  I’ve had my nose rubbed in it, even though it wasn’t my shit.  I’ve been emotionally hurt and financially hurt.  But I keep going back to it.  I just don’t think I can do it anymore.  When things were on the outs with the girlfriend just a couple of days ago, I was actually developing a plan to help him out (yeah – I know…I can already hear a couple of people asking what Dave would do.....) where I would purchase a property and he would rent from me.  His own place and he had the responsibility for it.  I never brought this up to him and waited to see how things went.  I’ve already abandoned that idea and burned it to the ground.  No need to take that one any further and take on more debt that would blow up in my face. 

At this point, I guess there is only one thing to do – stop helping. 

It’s tough as a parent to see what is going on and not dive into the middle of it to protect your kids from making potentially horrible decisions.  Guess that’s the unconditional love that parents have for their children.  We don’t want to see them fail and after protecting them all their lives and it’s hard to turn that switch off and watch them fall down.  We used to kiss their boo boos and bandage them up.  Now we’re expected to walk away and not care.

By the way, you guys forgot to delete me from your Facebook.  You did the wife, but not me.  No need to spend the time – I think I’m going underground for a while and suspending my account.  I haven’t decided yet.  Somehow I think this social media is the root of it all and I think I need to take a break from it.  From the other side, why should I let someone dictate what I do with my social media pages.  Decisions, decisions. 

I just can’t get shit on anymore.  So I’m done with it, done with helping, done with giving advice.  Not that my advice was worth anything anyway.  Remember, I’m a drooling babbling idiot.

Off to the drug store for more Prozac.

No comments:

Post a Comment